When I went to Thailand, Pad Thai and fried rice inside a pineapple were my favourite hot dishes! I have been feeling very nostalgic lately and miss everything about Thailand, including those Pad Thais.
I came across this vegan recipe, whilst reviewing a vegan cookbook called ‘The Vegan Bible’ by Marie Laforêt. I absolutely love this recipe and how yummy it is. I may have, may have eaten the whole wok of this by myself. Just maybe.
For any of your Thai food lovers out there, I am sure you will L-O-V-E this.
- 125g rice noodles or vermicelli
- 2 tbsp neutral vegetable oil
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tsp fresh garlic, chopper
- 1/2 red chilli, chopped
- 125 g firm tofu, crumbled
- 100g bean sprouts
- 20ml vegetable stock
- 2 tbsp tamari
- 2 tbsp freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 tbsp agave syrup
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 tsp chilli paste
- pepper to taste
- 1 lime, quartered
- 1 small bunch of coriander
- 1 handful of peanuts, chopped
- 1 pinch of sprouts of your choice
- 1 viola flower
- Mix all the sauce ingredients in a small bowl with a fork.
- Put the rice noodles in a bowl and cover with boiling water. Drain after 5 minutes.
- In the meantime, heat the oil in a wok or a frying pan and saute the shallots, garlic, ginger and chilli over a high heat for a few minutes.
- Add the tofu and cook for a few minutes, stirring continuously, to brown it a little.
- Add the sauce and then the noodles and stir gently. Mix in the sprouts.
- Divine into 2 bowls, then top with coriander, sprouts, squeeze the lime over the dish and sprinkle some peanuts! Eat immediately!
- I usually make it and eat it all myself, the whole 2 portions, its TOO IRRESISTIBLE! I find it so satisfying and delicious, and most importantly so easy to make and not a bad meal to have for lunch or dinner. Try it! x